Sunday, June 10, 2012

Busy times

Today, I have finally returned to this blog - at least for long enough to sit down and write this post.

Busy times!!


http://forum.belmont.edu/eleader/2012/04/05/message-from-the-associate-dean-busy-times-a-month-in-the-life/

Right now, my roles of Speaking Examiner for Cambridge ESOL and Supervisor and Coordinator for the YLE Tests in my area for centre ES027 are taking up most of my waking hours!

Yesterday, during the Advanced Speaking Tests, candidates gave lots of different reasons for why they are studying English:  students in their last year of high school who will be heading off to university want and need a qualification to help them along their path towards a career; engineers and businessmen and women for their current or future work; more than one candidate who had lost their job recently and need to prove that they have an advanced level of English on their CV.  I hope they find a job soon.  I have never come across so many people in one examining session who had lost their job at this point in their lives.

Lets hope the situation here in Spain (and other countries) picks up soon.

A week ago, I travelled along the north coast again to San Sebastian, but this time, not for work, but to watch Bruce Springsteen in concert.  Fantastic experience!  Best concert I've ever been to I think.

Bruce sang lots of songs from his latest album, including Jack of All Trades, which he dedicated to all the people in Spain who are affected by the current economic situation:  http://youtu.be/_uoAd36koX8?t=30s


You can listen to a better recording of the song here:



Jack of all trades is a term that we could apply to us teachers.  I could add more roles to this poster, and I'm sure you could too!


Well, that's my post written for today - now I'll turn to something else on my 'to do list'! ................


Categories: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment